Things that you like or dislike here in Canada

Speaking of condo, when I was still in college, I remember one time I was giving a ride to a classmate back to her home, I asked where she lived and she replied "I live in a condom." I tried so hard just to keep a straight face without cracking out loud and calmly replied "I guess it must be a pretty good size condom, isn't it? "
痛苦始終會過去的, 正如快樂的時光一樣; 想留也留不住 ...
本帖最後由 Kyrie 於 31-10-2009 17:04 編輯
One thing I really dislike is we are "visual minority" here, many trouble come to you so easily. Many of those " ??" people always try to take advantage from you, it make you so tired to defend yourself. One simple example, is they might charge you a little more for just a pack of cigarrete.

vcc 發表於 31-10-2009 16:27
Did you teach them about Canada's freedom, human rights, democracy, equality and other b.s.?

Did you tell them it was wrong to discriminate you?  
本帖最後由 Kyrie 於 31-10-2009 17:03 編輯
Speaking of condo, when I was still in college, I remember one time I was giving a ride to a classmate back to her home, I asked where she lived and she replied "I live in a condom." I tried so hard j ...
moleitau 發表於 31-10-2009 16:45
Check out of some Vancouver's condo here:

http://www.ianwatt.ca/Properties.php/Details/258

http://www.shaunkimmins.com/ActiveListings.php
No, I mean a thread here in 加西 board.
(just a conversation thread between you and me)
Kyrie 發表於 1-11-2009 08:39
I don't want to put the moderator of this board in a difficult position, forget about Toronto ... here's Can west section.
本帖最後由 Kyrie 於 31-10-2009 17:25 編輯
I don't want to put the moderator of this board in a difficult position, forget about Toronto ... here's Can west section.
moleitau 發表於 31-10-2009 17:11
Ok, no problem.

But there are some differences between Toronto and Vancouver, or even Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax, St. John's in Newfoundland.  So people might confuse "Canada" with what's happening in your own province.

For example, Alberta doesn't have PST, so it will never have HST.
本帖最後由 moleitau 於 1-11-2009 09:23 編輯
I forgot to put down what I like about the Canada.

1. Enjoy materialistic, consumer-oriented 'White' Christmas
2. Close to USA
3. an English-speaking country (I don't speak Spanish, French ...)
4. Ch ...
Kyrie 發表於 1-11-2009 08:17
"2. Close to USA" We now need a passport in order to go to the States. I miss the pre-911 yrs. that all we need is to show them our driver's license at the point of entry into the U.S.
25# Kyrie

Alberta has oil, they can afford to have less tax.
本帖最後由 Kyrie 於 31-10-2009 17:32 編輯
25# Kyrie  

Alberta has oil, they can afford to have less tax.
moleitau 發表於 31-10-2009 17:27
Newfoundland also has oil and natural gas, but it has HST.

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2009/03/13/f-eastcoast-oilfields.html
In terms of volumn, Newfoundland can't compare to Alberta.
Did you teach them about Canada's freedom, human rights, democracy, equality and other b.s.?

Did you tell them it was wrong to discriminate you?  " />
Kyrie 發表於 1-11-2009 08:51
It is nothing about those, just that they feel that you don't know many things, as simple as the price of a pack of cigarette. You need to be alert always.